Current projects : Since December 2017, I am currently the holder of the Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Privacy-preserving and Ethical Analysis of Big Data (2017-2022: 500 000$ of total funding).
In addition, for my research program titled “Protecting location privacy in online and offline contexts”, I am currently the holder of :
- an NSERC Discovery Grant (2016-2021: 190 000$ of total funding) as well as
- a Discovery Accelerator Supplement grant (2016-2019: 120 000$ of total funding).
Since May 2018, I am supervising the project Legalia (AUDACE program from FRQ) that aims at a responsible and ethical development of AI in Law. Since 2018, I am also the principal investigator from the Canadian side of an Inria associated team called DATA (for Data and Algorithmic Transparency and Accountability) with the Inria team Privactics.
I am also participating as an associate member in two French projects that have started in 2016:
- The first one is called PROFILE and is a multidisciplinary project on online digital profiling funded by the CominLabs excellence cluster from Britanny.
- The second project is called PAMELA (Personalized and decentrAlized MachinE Learning under constrAints) and is funded by ANR, the French national agency for research.
Past projects : In the past, I have participated to the following research projects:
- Engage Plus grant led by Alexandre Blondin-Massé (UQAM) that aims at improving the security and privacy properties of a decentralized messaging application called Ring (industrial partner: Savoir Faire Linux), 2017.
- ANR INS AMORES (October 2011-March 2015)
- ANR INS LYRICS (December 2011-November 2014)
- Inria Project Lab CAPPRIS (Collaborative Actions on the Protection of Privacy Rights in the Information Society)
- Project CominLabs POSEIDON (November 2012-November 2015)
- Projet DAO (Droit À l’Oubli) du Ministère de la Justice
- Joint Alcatel-Lucent/Inria project on privacy-preserving personalization using highly-scalable techniques
- Joint Microsoft/Inria project on privacy-friendly services and apps
- EIT ICT labs “location privacy” activity (January 2012-December 2013)
- Quaero (Workpackage 2.7 on recommendation and privacy)
This content has been updated on 10 May 2018 at 21 h 41 min.